Teachers who are both MEA (Maine Education Association) and MAEA (Maine Art Education Association) members may submit one piece of student artwork to celebrate Youth Art Month. The artwork will be generously framed by the MEA and will hang at the MEA Headquarters in Augusta. Many legislators, MEA employees, and other visitors who go to the headquarters really enjoy viewing the student artwork. Families enjoy the art opening reception and appreciate the beautifully framed artwork that is returned to them after the show (the following November). This is a great way to showcase what we do.
Annually from February through November in the MEA office: 35 Community Drive, Augusta.
The opening reception will be held on Sunday, March 12, 2023 from 1 to 2:30 pm. The presentation of certificates will start at 1:30pm. Refreshments will be served.
Note that registration for the 2023 show is closed. Registration for 2024 will open in the fall of 2023.
Artwork Drop Off Information:
Submit artwork to: Suzanne Goulet Waterville Senior High School One Brooklyn Avenue Waterville, ME 04901 or contact other satellite drop off coordinators – Lynda Leonas (Auburn) firstname.lastname@example.org or Hope Lord (Manchester)email@example.com
Artwork Pick Up Information:
You will need to pick up the artwork by the end of November during MEA hours and return the framed work to the student.
For more information about the exhibit:
* The MEA will accept 30 eligible works of student art on a first-come sign-up basis.
* We will confirm your dual membership with MAEA and MEA. Once you are notified, please mail your student artwork ASAP or by the first week in December.
* If you sign up, we are saving your spot. Last minute cancellations do not allow time to find a replacement.
* Only submit work that will hang for the entire length of the exhibit.
* Participating educators will receive template invitations to personalize with the student work to pass on to their student artists and school community.
* Attach the following name tag to the back of the artwork. Please use the name tag so the information will be consistent. Please have this media release form filled out and attached to the back of the art. Click HERE for access to the document with the name tag.